This past Sunday was a bittersweet moment as we held our very last service at Camp St Croix–the very first place we ever called home. It was a day full of emotions, logistics, and details, and I’m not quite sure any of it has really sunk in for me yet. I’m sure it will all hit sometime soon.
The truth is, being a mobile church for five years was certainly not ideal. But what has been amazing to witness with our very own eyes is that God is not limited by less-than-ideal circumstances. In the past five years:
- We saw a church grow from 30 people in a living room to hundreds of people in one large room (and one small basement) at Camp St. Croix.
- We threw New Years parties and block parties for kids in the community.
- We had the privilege to be the host for people who walked through the doors of a church for the first time ever or the first time in a long time.
- We celebrated people who overcame addiction, rebuilt their marriage, and sensed God’s new call on their life.
- We saw baptisms and witnessed people, young and old, make a pubic declaration of their new association with Jesus.
- We dedicated more kids than I can count, and we stood beside family after family in their desire to raise their kids to know and follow Jesus.
- We stood beside people who said YES to Jesus for the first time.
And in the words of the very last song we sang at Camp St. Croix:
“Our God isn’t finished yet. If He did it before, He can do it again.”
Midcurrent, I truly believe God will do it again and again and again and again in our new home at 200 First Street in downtown Hudson. And we can’t wait for our first service there on July 31st.
Until then, you can help us prepare for the next chapter in our life as a church by doing two things:
- Purchase a chair for our new building. It could be the seat where someone meets Jesus for the first time. You can buy one by clicking this link here.
- Register for the MC Work Weekend this Saturday and Sunday. We will NOT be holding services this weekend. Instead, we’ll be assembling teams of people to put all the finishing touches on the building. From unboxing supplies, assembling furniture, clearing trash, hanging TV’s, and so much more, there is place for you to help us prepare our new home. You can register for a shift here.
The best is yet to come gang! And I am incredibly grateful to be on this journey with all of you!